Tidssone UTC + 1 time [ DST ]

Opprett et nytt emne Svar på emnet  [ 12 innlegg ] 
Forfatter Melding
 Innleggets emne: Car with salvage title
InnleggSkrevet: Man 18. Apr 2016 15:51 
Avlogget
Rookie
Rookie

I have decided to buy and import a car from EU country. The car was imported there from USA, and had a small damage. The car had a salvage title. But now car is registered in EU country, has EU licence plates and it is in daily use. I have ordered to check the car in workshop, and at the report it said that everything is ok, also airbags are not damaged.
It has now EU registration certificate which doesn't say anything about salvage title. But if you check car history by VIN, it shows that car had a salvage title. How Statens Vegvesen is doing when they are approving the car? Will they only use the last registration certificate or they will check car history in "carfax"?
Could there be any issues to register that car in Norway?

Topp
Svar med sitat  
 Innleggets emne: Re: Car with salvage title
InnleggSkrevet: Man 18. Apr 2016 17:47 
Avlogget
Get going
Get going
Brukerens avatar

Why dont you just ask Statens Vegvesen?

'67 Mustang Fastback, 527cid, T-56 Magnum 6-speed, TCP power rack & pinion.

Topp
Svar med sitat  
InnleggSkrevet: Man 20. Jun 2016 22:27 
Avlogget
Rookie
Rookie

If you import a car directly from US, you have to ask the trafficc station in Drammen. In such cases, i think you have to prove that it is allowed to run the car in US and they check if the title is clean of salvage. §1.15 in kjøretøyforskriften says that the car has to be approved in another EEA-country or USA.
In your case, when you import from EU, the car can be accepted at any traffic station in Norway, and you can ask anywere for the requirements.

Topp
Svar med sitat  
InnleggSkrevet: Ons 22. Jun 2016 12:27 
Avlogget
Rookie
Rookie

Yes, I have been there and asked about salvage title. They said, that there is not problems. I asked - are you sure, because this answer can cost me a lot. Then he called to another guy, and he also confirmed that it is ok.

Now when I was there with the car to approve, I got a decision where they ask me for document to show emission and to show what damage car have had in USA and how it was fixed. Are they allowed to ask me to document the damage? The car now has a clean registration certificate and I can be not familiar that it had any accidents before.

Also the funny part is that they ask me to document the reason for a salvage title, but their "document" which showing that car had a salvage title is screenshot of the auction page which shows "Salvage Chevrolet volt for sale" or something..

Doesn't this text at vegvesen.no says, that i don't need to document anything like this? :
Sitat:
Import av biler fra EU/EØS – Et kjøretøy som er originalt, og som er registrert på vanlig måte i EU/EØS, vil i utgangspunktet kunne registreres i Norge. Kjøretøyet kan likevel nektes registrert dersom det utgjør en fare for trafikksikkerheten eller miljøet. Tidligere registreringsbevis dokumenterer at kjøretøyet er vurdert for miljø og sikkerhet i det landet det var registrert, og dette trenger man ikke å dokumentere ytterligere. Tekniske data må dokumenteres, men dette står i mange tilfeller i bilens vognkort. Tekniske data som brukes for å beregne avgifter må alltid komme fra produsent eller kompetent godkjent laboratorium.

Topp
Svar med sitat  
InnleggSkrevet: Søn 26. Jun 2016 13:13 
Avlogget
Amcar pro
Amcar pro

Many salvage title cars from USA have been repaired and registered in European contries. But often bad , unprofessonal repaires. Therefore the DMW often (not always) does an background check and check the Carfax etc for cars. You might end up in trouble.

Topp
Svar med sitat  
InnleggSkrevet: Ons 13. Jul 2016 09:44 
Avlogget
Rookie
Rookie

My car have not had serious damage - I have seen pictures and even found previous owner in USA and talked with him. The car hit something on the road with a bottom and the oil pan was damaged. There was no other damage for the car - also airbags are OK. Anyway, it seems I have solution to solve the salvage issue.

But there is another problem - the car is missing technical data: exhaust emission, sound level and power of electric motor. The car is US type and I cannot get the data. Is there is any other solution instead of going to certified laboratory for testing it?

Topp
Svar med sitat  
InnleggSkrevet: Ons 13. Jul 2016 12:25 
Avlogget
Amcar pro
Amcar pro
Brukerens avatar

Contact Amcar Norway. They might help you with all the documents needed.

1965 Plymouth Barracuda 4,5
1987 Jeep Cherokee 4,0
Garasjen deres

Topp
Svar med sitat  
InnleggSkrevet: Fre 22. Jul 2016 10:14 
Avlogget
Rookie
Rookie

Hi again,
I have tried to contact Amcar, Dekra and TUV - everyone has CO2 values, but no one has NOx value. Is that value is necessary for statens vegvesen?

Topp
Svar med sitat  
InnleggSkrevet: Lør 23. Jul 2016 09:41 
Avlogget
Get going
Get going
Brukerens avatar

Hmm, I don't think so?

Topp
Svar med sitat  
InnleggSkrevet: Man 01. Aug 2016 11:02 
Avlogget
Get going
Get going

Im pretty sure if the car came from USA with Salvage/Rebuild Title to Europe and registrated in EU country and now have Clear Title, that's no problem! Its the current Title on the car that is important.

Many newer American cars for sale in Sweden have been in some kind of accident, fixed up and imported to Sweden and titled. If the damage wasn't bad, and you hare happy with the repair done and current EU Title is clear, its no problem!

If the car comes from EU country the Co2 should be in Title. NoX value is set automaticly from what year the car is, if its a non EU car from USA.

Topp
Svar med sitat  
InnleggSkrevet: Man 01. Aug 2016 17:52 
Avlogget
Get going
Get going

As long as the car is registered in a EU country now, it is no problem. Only when the car is not previously registered in any EU country will an american salvage title be a problem. It's only the EU registration document that is needed to register the car in Norway, the original US title and documents are not required as long as the car has been registered in an EU country before coming to Norway.

Topp
Svar med sitat  
InnleggSkrevet: Tir 02. Aug 2016 13:40 
Avlogget
Rookie
Rookie

Is there any document where is written about this? Does this mean, that I don't need to provide salvage documents?:
Sitat:
Import av biler fra EU/EØS – Et kjøretøy som er originalt, og som er registrert på vanlig måte i EU/EØS, vil i utgangspunktet kunne registreres i Norge. Kjøretøyet kan likevel nektes registrert dersom det utgjør en fare for trafikksikkerheten eller miljøet. Tidligere registreringsbevis dokumenterer at kjøretøyet er vurdert for miljø og sikkerhet i det landet det var registrert, og dette trenger man ikke å dokumentere ytterligere. Tekniske data må dokumenteres, men dette står i mange tilfeller i bilens vognkort. Tekniske data som brukes for å beregne avgifter må alltid komme fra produsent eller
kompetent godkjent laboratorium.

Topp
Svar med sitat  
Vis innlegg fra forrige:  Sorter etter  
Opprett et nytt emne Svar på emnet  [ 12 innlegg ] 

Tidssone UTC + 1 time [ DST ]

Hvem er i forumet

Brukere som leser i dette forumet: Ingen registrerte brukere og 1 gjest

Du kan ikke opprette nye emner i dette forumet
Du kan ikke skrive innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke redigere dine egne innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke slette dine egne innlegg i dette forumet